1st Week Of
SISPEC Training
With my ache in my heart, I say goodbye to my bed, parents and mainland (Singapore). I'm heading towards School Of Infanty Specialists in Tekong. We were told to report the chief clerk exactly at 8.30am at pasir ris but none was present to mark the attendance. Almost half of the bus interchange was filled with green-camouflaged uniform Privates waiting to board the bus. Minute by minute, more and more Privates coming in to report at the bus interchange. There was no order or what so ever to lead us to Tekong. So we just wait and wait and wait. Soon, the number of Privates has snowballed to 5 companies booking in which damn god alot. The buses came, everybody boarded the bus one by one with my army duffer bag and field. The whole thing was so disorganised. Each time, there only be 3 bus the most to take to the ferry terminal. By the time it was my turn, it's already closed to 10.00am.
Reached the Tekong, feel somehow history repeated. Got the same feeling when the day i first enlisted into Basic Military Training. But now, it's SISPEC, attending Basic Section Leader Course. Got the posting of where i posted to which company, load up my barang barang things to the 5 tonner and drive off to the new home.
What have learnt this first week as a trainee?
* Basic Navigation (No detail to be said about the module)
Basically during the night navigation, I hor lan and lost my way in the vegetation. Knewing the mistakes that i made, I quickly backtracked to where i came off. Along, i iterally bashed thru the vegetation. There's no light at all. In my mind, I was I have been not alert enough. The ground was muddy after the rain. I slipped and fell off down the slope. Oh man, need to wash the uniform liao. Sibei sian. Sometimes, i got struck halfway by the hanging branches. But luckily, I found some of the company mates along the way and find our way out.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home