<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/3965667?origin\x3dhttp://alvin007.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
me, myself and i


ALVIN PEK
ntu/com sci
130284
twenty-four


adventured


Southern Island Kayaking x2
Singapore River Kayaking x2
Pulau Hantu Kayaking x2
Pulau Ubin Kayaking

Pelepah Waterfall x7
Stong Waterfall x3
Mt Ophir x3
Jerangkang Waterfall x2
Berkelah Waterfall x2
Rainbow Waterfall
Lata Berembun
Endau Rompin x4
Mt Kinabalu
Mt Belumut
Batu Caves
Cameron Highlands
Round Island Hike (100km)
Round Island Cycling (110km)

Krabi
Cambodia
Vietnam


connections


Message Me If You Want Your Link To Be Add

gossips


No Gossips.
Especially Aunties

past


09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007 07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008 02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008 07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008 09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008 12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009

My Mood


February 08, 2005 5:20 AM

Goodbye to SISPEC,
Hello OCS...

I thought I'll be going to OCS after i complete my Basic Section Leader Course (BSLC) at SISEPC. My SISPEC section commander said that I got the qualities and abilities but I do not show it out. He told me that I need to display more and if I don't, no body will know that I can make it. Since I was enlisted into the army, I got got this attitude of not showing off. I rather be a back-stage man, keeping low profile and at the same time knows alot of things. My BMT platoon commander said to me during the interview that I'm a quiet person and asked me whether I want to go to SISPEC or OCS. He recommended me to go to SISPEC even though I said I want to go to OCS but quite hesitated because of the tough training blar blar. Additional, I did not show much interest to sir during the Situation Test (SIT) that i want to go to OCS. When the posting result came, I was posted to SISPEC as an Infantry Leader. I was already expecting that result since my BMT sergeants told me before hand.

And now, I was posted to OCS. It's a long story... I was surprised that I got in. During that 5 days holiday break, we were told in SISPEC by my Officer Commander that there will be an activation on Jan 24. Everyone has to be on 'STANDBY' mode. Rumours said that is to activate the SISPEC guys to crossover to OCS. I did not prepare or pack my backpack as I think I won't get in. Then i boliao, went back to Singapore Poly to look for friends, meet Kinda, my Leadership Camp 2004 friend etc. I went to clubhouse to slack, see photos, talkcock with hansheng and taught him how to make a harness using a manila rope. After that I went home to play games.

While playing gunbound at home, at about 6.30pm, I received a call from my company duty room that I need to bring:
* A white long sleeve shirt
* Black pants
* Black socks
* Leather belt
* Leather shoes
* 2 Passport photos
* Educational transcripts

The duty sergeant told me I have to report to SAF ferry terminal at 8.30pm. I got panic after that as I was not mentally prepared. I quickly rushed to my room to pack all my stuffs, tell my mother that I need to book in 2 hours time. Need to go downstair to take passport size photos, photocopy my educational transcripts. !@#$%^, always inform us last minute. Feeling uneasy and unsure of the time while i was packing my stuff, I call back the company duty room to check the time. I got f*** for nothing by the sergeant. Barely ate my dinner at that time. By the time i finished, it was already 7.20pm. No choice have to take cab down from Bukit Batok to Changi.

Upon reaching there, I saw some of friends and also Shah. Shah said that at the time of the activation, he was going to have dinner with Latiffah at the cheese prata stall, about to order their food. So suay. We were told that we are the among 5 - 10 % selected to crossover to SISPEC and tonight is the last night that we will be staying in SISPEC. We went back to SISPEC just to clear our cupboards, return store equipments, make necessary adminstrative work. Whether sad or happy, I dun know. Sad - tough training ahead, my instructors will be at least a full Lieutenant. Happy - selected to go OCS. I didn't sleep well that night, pondering myself.

Woke up next day, morning mad rush... get shouted by duty sergeant to fall in earlier than we were supposed to be told last night. Sibei !@#$%^. So screwed, I have to bring down my duffer bag which weight about 20kg + my fully packed 50l packbag + my used bedsheet, pillow case, blanket from level 6 all the way to level 1. Argh... I dragged my duffer bag down lah, no point waste energy to carry. What's the point for building a lifts at our company block where we couldn't use. We took tonner to the tekong ferry terminal, we were sardine-packed with duffer bags and other whatever bags on the vehicle. At the ferry terminal, I did a stupid thing by jumping over the railing bar, but didn't managed over and then tripped off the railing. One by one the railing poles fall like a dimino effect. So malu...

Good bye Pulau Tekong... I will miss my chong sua section mates in SISPEC and the hokkien beng sergeants.


1 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...
gong xi fa cai! ying yuan mei man & cai yuan gun gun for everyone!!
6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home