I've been through service term 1 (partially) and 2 in SAFTI MI, OCS. Sad to say, the wing is divided into infantry and artillery groups. The infantry guys will stay on in SAFTI MI, OCS while the artillery guys will pack up their stuff and posted to School of Artillery in Khatib Camp. I'm one the artillery guys to be posted out next week. Some of friends doesn't expect me to go to artillery as I got "chong sua" type look and has good physical ability. Those buddies of mine from SISPEC were also quite shock and asked me WHY WHY.
This also taken away the chance of being a platoon commander in BMTC to "tekan" the recurits especially those guys from my club: SPA! But I don't mind. Frankly speaking, I'm just sick and tired of infantry training. That's why i chose to go and exprience a new experience. Since enlisted into sept 2004 till now, it's about 7 months. During this time, I've been to BMT, SISPEC, OCS. And now, to School of Artillery. Maybe I just can't stay put in one area for so long.
The last day of the service term II was a memorable one. We had a 23km route march from OCS along the western Singapore coastline. There we can see the 2nd link causeway. Why 23km? Such an odd number. The 23 represented the 23 weeks of Professional Term that we will be going through and after which commission to be officer. There were no instructor guiding or walking with us. We are to march ourselves and motivate each other in our full battle order.
Almost everyone has abrasion after the route. My whole uniform was totally drenched with sweat. Along the way, I got asshole abrasion. WTF. We get to catch some sleep at the open patch at the foot of the elephant hill before the senior bar ceremony. I woke up in middle of my sleep to pee, feeling very very cold due to the wet uniform and I got nipple abrasion! Everyone was seriously cold and yucky. Just before the sun rise, we marched up to the tip of the elephant hill for our ceremony. Receiving the senior cadet rank from my instructor, my buddy and I taking off the junior rank and put on the senior rank for each other.
Back to the OCS, juniors lined up along the pavement welcoming and cheering us on. Cheeky, alot of my friends gave their dirty and sweaty junior ranks to the female cadets. Whahaha, expected of them to use this trick to get near them.
Squeezed a few minutes of my admin to take a picture in my room
My friend's notice board! Wow lots of FHM girls for motivation.
Pasar Malam before 23km route march.
A platoon photo before the route march.
A section photo after getting our 3 white cadet bar and the 23km route march
wow senior liaoz ah... haha so fast... it just seemed like yesterday tt u entered ocs. haha but i think u still got 1year more of ns rite? haha nvm 1 year very fast fly past one. haha...
new blog design eh? eh but i still prefer the last one leh... look more cool. hahaha.
2 Comments:
new blog design eh? eh but i still prefer the last one leh... look more cool. hahaha.
Post a Comment
<< Home