Freshmen Overseas Orientation Trip 2007
When FOOT starts, I couldn't wait for it to end fast. As I looked at my group: Andas, they reminded me the times when we were freshies in Andes group last year. Totally bo chap in cheer, just want to slack and pass off. But we are ZAI!
It started off with welcome cermony by SPOs and CGLs, later we had Ultimate Captain Ball at SRC Soccer Field. Followed by the station games conducted in various parts of NTU campus such as Yunnan Garden, Nanyang Lake, SAO Stairs, LKC LT, Popular Bookstore, Quad and ADM to orientate NTU to the freshies. After that, it was insurance talk and lasted Night Cycling. I was really worried about Kah Fong, the little cutie mei mei, throughout the night cycling. She will scream (Ahh....) if she cannot mount or unmount off the bike. I had to constantly watched behind for her.
Second day we had rock-climbing at Yishun SAFRA and Kayaking at Kalleng Basin. The rock-climbing gym at the Yishun SAFRA was damn cool. Came to the kayaking part in the afternoon, !@#$% don't know why GLs have to be inside the canoes when we told in the first place that there were not enough kayaks for us. We didn't brought extra pair of dry clothes. After the kayaking, we went to IMM to have good dinner and to buy our food stuffs for Pelapah Trip in Malaysia. I was pissed with the Senior Attached for not joining us to buy the food, I couldn't guage well how much food to buy for the trip and Jessica seemed nuts about cooking.
It was raining when we reached the campsite at Malaysia. Luckily I brought fly sheet and nylon rope to build a shelter for us to cook lunch. Truly appreciate the freshies who helped out in cooking for maggi mee in the rain. We had mass games after lunch. To end off the day, we had cooking competition. Andas made Pasta Carbonara, Potatoe Salad and Chocolate Fondue with the help of the Seniors. We came out a very official (funny) welcome ceremony for the judges.
It was a fault on my part that I bought roti prata for the next morning breakfast. So long to cook and prepare. We had to threw away the curry and rushed off for waterfall trekking. So pai seh when some group waited for us to finish. We encountered rain during the trekking. We couldn't make it to the top. We got struck at the 2nd last waterfall. Nothing better to do, I do the Ti-ti Ti-ti Shark in the water. Freaking hard to do during last few move especially the 'I Lost My Arm' and 'Another Arm'. Had to trap water. Deborah was down with fever after the trek. She was okay after a good sleep with my blanket and also Tender, Loving, Care from Andas.
Headed back the campsite, we prepared for our cheer fight. !@#$%, Jessica and I were given the wrong impression about the cheer fight. My group was caught off guarded. We thought it was the same as last year. Never mind, at least we won the Miss Panti. Hooray to Qingyong, you are the "bapok"!. The camp fire ended off very early and short with songs. Own time own target, we had time for ourselves to play game and talk cock throughout the night.
Back in NTU, it was hard to get Andas to start planning for their talentine, we stayed up late at night till 3am plus. Deborah, Jingchu and Liping with those fighting against Zzzz monsters were putting in effort to come up with the skit. The rest were turned off in their lala land.
Last day, came the canoe polo segement. I was too hyped up, just want to focus on winning. Don't know what came into me that I was very aggressive. On the other side of me, I had the tendency to fight or scold "hokkien vulgurities" at people if
provoked. But that will take very long to ignite the devil inside me. Of course, our group won the polo canoe. The finale was the SP Night a.k.a Secret Partner Night. The theme for that was Bollywood Night. Took lot of photos of our Bollywood costumes. It was a great night to end off FOOT 2007.
And FOOT was also sort of 'Civilian Conversion Course' for me who just ORDed at the end of June this year. Full of Sha Qi at that time (Evil Aura)!
Last of all, Special Thanks To
Jessica - my co-partner for helping the freshies to find their SPs, helping me out when I need a rest. At times, you just have to show that you can lead people and be LOUD so people can notice you.
Serene Lim, Serene Tan and Geraldine - for helping the GLs to liven and bringing up spirits of Andas with your songs and interacted with the freshies when both the GLs are not around or stoning around.
Weihan and Jit Hong - for coming back directly straight away from your backpacking trip and amusing the freshies with your lame and entertaining talks.
Kash - for becoming our camera girl, taking our wonderful shots of us. May you find a wonderful boyfriend soon.
Others - for those who help us in each or the other way. Thank you.

Andastes! Sa Sa Oi!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home